Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Anxiety is a state?

Since returning to the United States, I feel as though I have lived my life in a constant state of stress. After discussing my schedule with other college students, I have come to the realization that my schedule is bad but not as bad as it could be. Yet, I feel like Penelope (the chicken that I killed while in the Dominican Republic) with my head all chopped off and my eyes bugging out.

Within this first month of returning to the rigors of college life, I am in the midst of finishing a semester's worth of Spanish papers, a Dominican Republic portfolio, applying to the school of education, applying to multiple summer programs in hopes of a decent paying job that will give me some experience working with different ages. Within all of this, I am trying to get caught up in the friendships that I made before I went to the Dominican Republic. Oh, I must not forget about the new homework that accumulates every day. Hopefully, this does not stress you out when you read this. We do not need any sympathy stressers. Thank you.

Besides being in a constant state of anxiety, I am thoroughly enjoying being back in the U.S. of A. Pizza is a possible option for every day. No longer do I get hissed at all the time nor do I need to worry about how to phrase a question or comment in Spanish. Communication is effortless if I take the time to try to communicate. Another benefit to being back is that I have the opportunity to participate in theater again. Not only am I helping out with the musical that will be performed in a couple of weeks, but I have also received my very own mini-acting part in a play. My life is a balance of happy and stressful things. Right now, the stressful ones are looming very large.