Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hobby: Letter Writing

Someone once asked me what I would do if I could only do one thing for the rest of my life as a job. After careful thought (because I'm one of those people), I responded that I would write letters.

Snail mail with its almost obsolete stamp and its paper and ink enthralls me. Letters tell stories. I suppose they are only half of a dialogue. However, there are so many opportunities for sharing stories, antidotes, thoughts, and just words.

via

The wonderment of such notes sent through mail couriers and all kinds of weather is that notes require letters of the alphabetic variety.

via

But notes aren't just contained to words.
via

Letters can bring stories alive. Letters draw people together across distances. It's a tangible presence of another person's time and effort. Letters are a thing of beauty like a fairy tale (okay, so i do believe letters are like fairy tales; however, I just wanted the opportunity to share this picture.)

via

If letters are saved and put together, they are like loose leaf journals. A good journal is like a best friend and best friends should always receive letters.

via

But more than anything, letters make me feel like someone took the time to think of me. They took precious time out of their days to acquaint me with the going-ons in their lives.

via

Do you write snail mail letters? What are some of your favorite hobbies?