Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

with a cup of cynicism

With a cup of cynicism, I have many rants in my life some center on love, some on quality, some on boys, some on girls, and some that are completely random.

"I am determined that only the deepest love will induce me into matrimony. So... I shall end an old maid, and teach your children to embroider cushions and play their instruments very ill."
~ Elizabeth Bennett (Pride & Prejudice)

I have so many problems with the phrase “the one”. You do know what I mean. Girls talking about how they are going to find “the one” and maybe perhaps he is just not “the one”.

Within the church, I feel that we have a responsibility to excel in every aspect of the arts and the technology. Since we claim a deep relationship with God, we should be striving to be the best in whatever field that we have a passion.

Girls are always being accused of being overdramatic. I think that the drama of boys is often overlooked. It drives me crazy the stereotypes that we place on ourselves. Girls are ditzy. Boys are dumb. Where did we get these ideas?

Music is overused and underdeveloped. Don’t even ask.

College life is transitory. Here today and gone tomorrow. One semester, a friend might be here and then the next moment (the next semester) that person is long gone and possibly never to return. Yet, they are considered to be the best of times – oh yeah, that phrase ends with – the worst of times.

Hair. How significant is it really? Is a person made by their hair? I think not. It is just another element that develops more of the outer-cover of a person. Never judge a book by its cover.

Valentine’s Day is one day out of the year that causes people to feel completely and totally isolated although they share a common status of singleness. There is a choice involved – be bitter or share love.

Women who are coy. Nuf said.

With a cup of cynicism, I take on the daily monotony of life.