Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

and life

There is something about being super busy that just brightens my day. Of course, one could say that it is also very stressful. In which case, they are right. Trying to simultaneously balance all of the different activities of life is insanely difficult. For example, I have been awake for 19 hours now and I still have not completed my homework. I find that I would not trade any of my responsibilities so that I could get a full 10 hours of sleep every night. After all, in college, what type of existence is that?

Part of the reason that you find me stressing is because I am helping out with the musical of Jane Eyre. I adore the music. It's hauntingly beautiful. As one guy observed after listening to me play the piano, "Huh. You really like melancholy music." It's gripping. It makes you want to know the mystery that is wrapped deep with its depths. In this musical, I am helping with make up, hair, and costumes. My costume job requires a willingness to get up close and personal with different actors and actresses. I have become rather good at undressing Mr. Rochester and helping him change into another outfit within three minutes. By some, this might be considered to be a rather scandalous skill. In the moment, one is only thinking of the fact that this actor has to be on stage in less than three minutes and so we do what we must. Thankfully, I consider those that I work with to by my friends which makes things less awkward for me.

Well, it's 2 in the morning. I should finish that homework. Waking up tomorrow is going to be a drag.