Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Messing Around

Well, now. Upon arriving at Smorgasbord, you probably noticed something. The layout and the background of my blog has drastically changed. I thought I'd let you all in on some of the thoughts behind the changes.

I began blogging to give me practice writing and to have a place to put this writing. Gradually, this idea has morphed into actually liking to blog. With the aid of my sixteen year old brother, we have begun critically analyzing my blog and trying to come up with ideas for improvements. Granted, I've only changed my blog by changing the template offered by Blogger. However, I plan on hopefully giving my blog a makeover in the coming months. It will probably come without much warning.

My brother presented some valid points about my blog background. It sparked some conversation and thinking for both of us.

"Barbara, your background does not reflect your writing at all."

Since that conversation, my brother has been overwhelming with information on how to improve one's blog. It's greatly encouraging and it's great to have someone behind me pushing for change. If it weren't for him, I doubt that I would be actively considering change.

Do you guys have any suggestions for improvement? What would you like to see here? How did you make improvements to your own blogs?