Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Roommate Love

Before college, I could never imagine living in a dormitory. I had no fantasies of what it would like. Actually, I had no concept that life continued on past high school. Well, guess what, life continues.

I live with three lovely ladies in a dormitory that seems more like an apartment building. Three years of college has matured us in some ways. Of course, crazy shenanigans still happen.

via

Meet my roommates:

Alysha is a half-Lebanese beauty who has often been called Shakira (but, really. She’s that gorgeous). She believes in spontaneity, sleeping on the couch, and leaving a trail of things behind her whether clothing, homework, or baked goods. Her quick wit leaves people speechless.

Kelsey is a cookie-eating, music-loving, exercise guru. She takes life seriously, but isn’t afraid to laugh at our crazy shenanigans. Kelsey’s pursuit of excellence permeates her entire way of living life. I don’t know if procrastination is in her vocabulary.

Sabrina is a passionate, bi-lingual child of the jungle. Often distracted from her homework, she is sought by others for her genuine heart and playful spirit. A fan of storytelling, cat naps, and face-making, Sabrina never fails to entertain.

I suppose the picture below is not exactly an accurate depiction of us (you know, minus the cartoonization, etc). Kelsey's not a fan of skirts and we all rather prefer sweatpants at this stage of life. Of course, I'm sure you get the idea. 4 girls. friends. happiness.
via

And these are the girls that I love so dearly. I’m not sure what I would do without them in my life. They have made this school year a time of growth, challenge, and rest. The best part is that I get to live with them next year.

When people visit our room, they immediately find peace within our walls. Many people have commented upon it. Perhaps, it is in the decoration (it’s rather tasteful if I do say so myself). But truly, I think it has to do with the community of the people who reside here every day.

My room is an oasis from the world because of the people who live here with me. I am so thankful for Alysha, Kelsey, and Sabrina. They make each day full of laughter and love.