Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Old at Heart

Everyone is the age of their heart. ~Guatemalan Proverb

In light of this Guatemalan Proverb, I have come to the conclusion that I am actually very old at heart. I have long been coming to this conclusion. Perhaps it was the facebook quiz that proclaimed to know my true age or the fact that I have always been told that I seem older than I am. I may not have the wrinkles to support the old age idea, but I definitely think my heart is old.

1. Facebook quiz said that I was 80-something.
2. I move slowly and talk slowly (according to some middle schoolers).
3. Gladly, I would spend hours reading in a comfy chair.
4. 40s style clothing is more my style than anything modern
5. I have great conversations with old people.
6. Gray hair – I have it. (well, only a few hairs, but still)
7. I type with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation almost always.
8. Give me swing dancing or ballroom any day to this crap that kids do these days
9. My digestion is not as good as it used to be (I can’t eat my daily aluminum can anymore).
10. Naïve of the current evils of the world.

I am old at heart. I shall not shy away from the truth. I am the child who you see driving down the street listening to classical music. People compliment me on my 40s style. There cannot be any doubt about it. Yet, with this small wrinkle of knowledge on my forehead, I have followed the advice of another quote.
It's important to have a twinkle in your wrinkle. ~Author Unknown