Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

accomplices in friendship

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive. ~Anäis Nin

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown
- i have a friend who takes time to do a million little things for me whether it be cooking something, leaving a note, sharing earrings, giving me a hug.

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb
- you know those times that you get food stuck in your teeth and you discover it later in the bathroom mirror and you've realized that you had been flirting or just smiling at another person and they didn't tell you about that small but noticeable food particle in your teeth? I hate that.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer
- i had forgotten who i was meant to be until i spent a weekend with one of my heart's sisters. this woman inspired me to live truly again.

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. ~Edgar Watson Howe
- pet-peeve: "are you mad at me?" never ask me that. if i'm mad all the world will know.

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter
- i make a mess of myself. yet, still, i find that my friends stay closer to me and they say the sweetest things.

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. ~Henry David Thoreau
- This has been the hardest lesson for me to learn this year. I realized that I needed to stop worrying about my friend's lives and just live with them and rejoice with their laughter and hug them when tears stream down their faces.

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasgow
- The greatest blessing that i have in my friends is that they are willing to listen to me prattle about nothing, everything, and anything. They listen to the creakings of my brain and still continue being my friend even after.

Strangers are just friends waiting to happen. ~Rod McKuen
- to think that there was a time that we were strangers is unfathomable to me because i feel as though my heart has known your heart for eternity and beyond.

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse