A list of random things that one either sees, is told, or hears about the Dominican Republic.
1. Don't fall in love with a Dominican Republic man. He's suave and he's after your heart for a ticket to the US of A.
2. The green lizards are equivalent to the squirrels that inhabit any city or town in the US.
3. "Psssssst Pssssst." is not a good thing. Ignore any person that should make that noise at you.
4. Motorcycles are the vehicle of choice. "Do not ride them. They are very dangerous."
5. Music is always loud so that the Dominican's can share their music with everyone.
6. The mini highway of insects traveling by your bed is probably not a good thing, but as long as they stay on their highway. All is well. (They probably snacking on something nearby. Don't think about that too long.)
7. Everyone wants to help an American. American females steer clear of the DR males who leer at you. Do as one of the girls did while in town when a DR man said, "What is your name?" She responded, "I have no name." This sounds rude. Yet sometimes, it is important to draw the line. A moment before, he had been seriously checking her out.
And so begins my list of interesting tidbits of the Dominican Republic. I'm sure there will be more to come. Also, I'm sorry that my blog has been so full of DR things. I believe that will continue to be the case for the next couple of months.