Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

advent of discovery

God has created us with such a capacity for mystery and depth in the very center of our beings. He made us with so much depth that we shall never fully discover ourselves. That shouldn't be depressing. In fact, it has made me realize that I will always be discovering new things about myself. Even when I am 94 without teeth or hair, I shall be discovering more things about myself whether it be of the past or present. I want to support the fact that we are so very mysterious and black-hole-like with the fact that God created us in His image. We cannot even to begin to think that we can fully understand God. Since we were created in His image, the depth of His character must extend to us as well. Therefore, whether we realize it or not, we are continually learning about who we are. Life is adventure. Living life is adventure. Self-discovery (for lack of a better term) is adventure. People believe adventure comes in the shape of crazy escapades. I beg to differ. Adventure is life.