Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Hit List

December 11th. Another member of my Dominican Republic team, Kirstin, found out about a fatal car accident that killed her mother. The next morning, her sister died from injuries. Her father shall survive. Kirstin has other siblings.

I hate that this has happened. I hate that there seems to be some strange hit list floating about for fatal car accidents. I hate that my DR family continues to watch different members of this family deal with grief. I hate it.

It hasn't even been a year since we left the Dominican Republic and two of our team members have dealt with the death of family members. Currently, our rate is at least a family member a semester. Where ever this hit list is...I want to find it and destroy it.

My mom told me that she never had to walk beside a friend who was grieving the loss of a parent or sibling in college. I want that. I don't get that.

Death is sweet for those who have the certainty of heaven and death is bitter for those who are left behind. My heart grieves.